Monday, February 13, 2017

My Favorite Vacation



Disney World is one of my favorite vacations to go on. Every time I enter Disney World, I instantly feel full of joy and happiness. There is no coincidence that it is called "The Happiest Place on Earth". Disney World has four amusement parks: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot. Disney World is full of major attractions, such as: Space Mountain, "It's A Small World", and Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Also, there are tons of characters to meet, take your picture with, and even get their autograph. People from all over the world travel to Disney World in the hopes of seeing the famous Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. Disney World has something for everyone, no matter how old you are. The most popular place to take your photo is at Magic Kingdom in front of of Cinderella's Castle. This serves as the icon for the amusement park. Every night at the Disney World parks there is a parade that shows Disney characters on floats acting out famous scenes from movies and television. The amusement parks are so large that it takes multiple days to see them all. I love Disney World so much that I have been there six times and every time I go I fall in love with it more and more because there is just so much to see.

Me in front of the famous icon, Cinderella's Castle at Magic Kingdom. 

Vocabulary: 
Instantly: (adverb) without delay.
Coincidence: (noun) the process of when an event happens without planning.
Amusement Park: (noun) a place that has many games and rides (such as roller coasters and merry-go-rounds) for entertainment.
Attractions: (noun) something interesting or enjoyable that people want to visit, see, or do.
Autograph: (noun) the signature of a famous person.
Icon: (noun) a widely known symbol.
Parade/ Floats (noun): a public celebration of a special day or event that usually includes many people and groups  moving down a street by marching or riding in cars or on special vehicles (called floats)

Vocabulary Activity:
Fill in the blank with the correct vocabulary word.
1. On warm summer days I like to visit the _______________________ because I love roller coasters.
2. On the 4th of July the band marches in the ________________ while the mayor rides on a _______________ down Main Street.
3. On my last vacation I went on a tour that highlighted all the ____________________ in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
4. My friend and I wore the same sweater by __________________.
5. Once I saw the puppy I was _____________________ in love.
6. While driving I saw the McDonalds golden arches their famous _______________.

Grammar Point:
A noun names a person, place, thing, or idea. However, a proper noun gets more specific. It gives us the actual name of the person, place, thing, or idea.  The actual names of people are proper nouns. So are the names of states, streets, rivers, oceans, countries, companies, institutions, churches, and more.


Grammar Activity: 
List the proper nouns you see in my paragraph and write three sentences that use proper nouns.





 If you want more information on proper nouns check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdgbtaRRuKQ

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only one of your classmates to write about Disney. It is a fun place. I like the grammar point and activity.

    ReplyDelete