Tuesday, March 14, 2017

My Favorite Food

My favorite food is sushi, I love it so much that if I could eat it every single day I would. Sushi was created in Japan during the 8th century. However, sushi has become popular all over the world. Sushi is made from fish, seaweed, and fermented rice. My favorite sushi roll is the California Roll, ironically enough this specific sushi roll was created in the United States of America and not in Japan. Some people do not find sushi appetizing because it is comprised of raw fish. The raw fish does not stop me from eating this delicious food at least once a week. Sushi is unique because it is ate with chopsticks not a fork or knife.

Vocabulary:
Century: (noun) a period of 100 years.
Fermented: (verb) to go through a chemical change that changes the make up of the product.
Ironically: (adjective) using words that mean the opposite of what you really think especially in order to be funny.
Appetizing: (adjective) having a good smell or appearance that makes people want to eat.
: (verb)  to be made up of something.
Raw: (adjective) not cooked
Chopsticks: (noun) A pair of thin sticks that are used especially by people in Asia to pick up and eat food

Vocabulary Activity:



Grammar Point: 
A verb is a word that is used to describe an action. For example eat, call and jump are all verbs because they are describing an action.
Grammar Activity: 
Directions: For each sentence below, circle the verb in each sentence.
1. Thomas Edison invented the light bulb.
2. The spaceship launched from a base in Florida.
3. Sarah named her new kitten Fluffy.
4. I photographed my entire trip to Paris.
6. I drove up the coast last weekend.
7. I ate sushi for dinner last night.


2 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love sushi as well. I tried sushi for the first time about a year ago, and ever since I have been addicted! My favorite rolls are the California roll and sweet potato roll. I really like how you included the history of sushi in your story, and vocabulary words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like it at all, not just the raw fish but also the seaweed taste. I prefer Thai or Indian food.
    Great entry with fun visuals and activities!

    ReplyDelete